Sunday, March 29, 2009

Letting Go

In the last 10 days we have had to say goodbye to a couple of horses and a cow. The horses do to age, and a cow...who knows. Ten years ago I never would have thought that an animal could play such a huge part in a human's life, but have truly learned it first hand. Both Carter's and Lincoln's horses went to a better place. As Carter said, "a place where Grandpa could watch over them and get them healthy." He also said, "Sometimes we just don't know what to do for the animals, but Grandpa knows. He will make sure everything is better up in heaven." I don't know what we will do for family horse rides. I guess double up for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved horses.
    I enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your horses and cow. Grandpa will take good care of them for you.

    ReplyDelete